background

Sunday, December 13, 2009

ROUND ONE- NOT SO GOOD



Today started out pretty good, got some cleaning done early, so then i decided i would start on my christmas goodies, wellll not so good.



The cranberry sauce turned out great, i will decorate these little babies with ribbon and they are going to be part of the gift to my coworkers.



The first batch of this candy is in the garbage because i burned the crackers and carmel in the oven, wow i thought i was going to burn down the house, stinky, stinky, stinky.

So i tried it again and it turned out yummy. Then i tried to make pralines and i couldnt figure out why they were so runny, well i guess i didnt read the recipe, it called for 1/2 cup of evaporated milk and i used the whole can. I am normally a fairly decent cook, i guess my mind is else where.



I am a messy messy cook, i have stuff everywhere no matter how hard i try to be organized....., but i will use the excuse that my kitchen is too small, but i do love my little kitchen, it is perfect for me.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Helsie said...

Well Sherry the house DIDN'T burn down so you have that to be thankful for! Your second batch of candy looks great anyway.
You look like your preparations are well underway now with only a liitle time to go.
Cheers

Suburban Hooker said...

I have a small kitchen too Sherry, looks smaller than yours so I completely understand about making a mess. It really doesn't take much...lol. I think your candy looks great and you should just call your runny stuff ice cream topping and bottle it up!!! Have fun with your next endeavor!!

Unknown said...

To I will admit... you are a messie cook. It takes one to know one.... I am tooo... But your holiday treats look wonderful.

Glad to hear you enjoyed my post about my upcoming time in the Tampa area. I'm soooooooo ready already to get out of this cold weather, even if the MIL is close by.

I can smell those cookies from here....

Cheers.

Kate - The Garden Bell.
xoxoxo

Tina Butler said...

You have red in your kitchen like I do. Love the Paula Deen Pans, I have that exact set. Ü