background

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

PRAYERS NEEDED!

My mother fell again last night and mangled her right leg, so now she has a left broken ankle and a right broken foot. She is going in for surgery at 2:30 today. The doctors said they have to get to the bottom of what is going on with her, for some reason her bones seem to be just crumbling for no reason. They had to fly her to the hospital because of the weather.
The surgeon said that her lungs now sound pretty good so she can tolerate the surgery, please pray for her and our family, I feel so helpless, as she is in Indiana and I am all the way down here in Florida, thinking of flying home, but I don't want to leave my sick husband all alone, I am telling you this has been a very stressful time for our family, it seems everyone is sick or something going on.

How did this happen to my mom, she is only 71 and has always acted so young for her age and it seems, she has just gotten sick overnight and now is unable to do much at all.

7 comments:

Fran. said...

Oh, Sherry I just came over from Elizabeths blog! I am from Mich. and I looked up and it's 2:25 pm RIGHT NOW! I am praying RIGHT NOW! for your Mom! and for you! Our Moms are important! Mine is 77 and in good health too. One of my friends said "If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it". I think of that so much! Hang on tight! God is good. You rest in His arms! I'll check back with you! Love, Fran. XO

Aussie Maria said...

My thoughts are with you for good results for your Mum and for all your family. You take care of yourself

Helsie said...

I'm thinking of you and sending good thoughts. Hope the surgery goes well.
Helen

Sandy said...

Hi Sherry,
I know that it is hard when ones parent(s) live far away and are not in good health or are having illnesses. We lived our entire married life away from our parents so it was impossible for us to be there for them when their health required hospital stays. Your mom sounds like she is in good hands and getting the care she needs. I'll be praying that her surgery goes well and she has a speedy recovery. I think you are doing the right thing staying with your hubby.

Teacup Lane (Sandy)

Kimbles said...

Sherry I hope everything went well for your Mum. How sad things have started to go wrong for her all of a sudden. You must be feeling so stressed - I am thinking and praying for you and your family. Take care **Kim**x

Shelley in SC said...

I am so sorry, Sherry! What an awful struggle between your responsibilities there at home and up in Indiana. I am praying for you today! And please keep us updated.

Beansieleigh said...

Oh Sherry, I'm so very sorry for not seeing this sooner. My heart and prayers go out for your mother, your husband, and all your family. Don't stress, carrying so much on your own shoulders like this. Turn to God when you need to, and let Him carry some of that weight FOR you! Keep us posted. ((hugs)) ~tina