background

Sunday, March 14, 2010

SEW BABY

Today was another lovely day here in the great state of Florida, I baked a loaf of whole wheat bread, sat outside in the sun for a while and then to the sewing room. I am making maternity tops for my daughter. I love to get fabric on clearance at www.fabric.com i have always been pleased with their fabric and service. It is just hard to sew clothes for someone that isnt here, but i will take them with me on my trip with my pins, incase i need to alter. I still have to finish this top, but i think it is going to turn out to look pretty cute. The pattern has been easy to follow so far and is sewing up very quick. Now i think i will go have a piece of that yummy bread, with some fruit spread.... yummy and healthy too.


3 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

There is nothing like the smell of homemade bread in the air. YUM!

The shirt looks great!

Shelley in SC said...

The shirt is looking really cute. I love the cozy picture of your sewing area with the shirt hanging . . . looking ready to fit. You've got a lucky daughter : )!!

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Sherry! I think this blouse is really sweet! Love the style, and the fabric you chose! Very pretty! I will definitely check out the fabric link you shared. I don't travel too far from home, so my choices and purchases of fabrics is to down to bare minimal now.. I do alot of sewing with flat bed sheets from the domestics department at Walmart! (I'm still mad as a hornet that they took out my fabric department!)... The sheets actually are good quality, but I miss all the pretty florals, ginghams, and various other holiday prints I wish I had! Thanks for sharing the link, and maybe sometime soon I'll place an order. I'll tell them Sherry sent me!.. Hope you had a Happy St. Pat's Day, and wishing you a great weekend too! ~tina