background

Sunday, January 9, 2011

2011 Started with a bang

2011 started out with a real bang, literally. On Jan. 1, 2011 i was walking Gracie out in the back yard, she got all excited when she saw the ducks and took off pulling me down, I fell on my right shoulder and had to make a trip to the ER, after xrays they told me it was broken, gave me a pain pill, a sling and a referral to a surgeon. I had to cancel my trip to Virginia Beach to visit my kids. I went to the surgeon on Tuesday and the good news was I did not have to have surgery, it will heal on its own in about 6-12 weeks, gave me pain pills and I spent my vacation with my Hubby taking great care of me. Of course I was very upset about all of this, but I am not mad at Gracie as she was just following her instincts. I will just reschedule my trip for later and Turtle was so understanding, he gave me a kiss over SKYPE to make it better.

I am ready to go back to work tomorrow and get things back to normal and no more accidents please...I have had my share for a while.

10 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

I'm glad you didn't have to have surgery and hope that you heal quickly and completely!

Sandy said...

Here are wishes for a speedy recovery! We had a german shepherd (125 pounds) who once in a while would chase after an animal while being walked on a leash. After being thrown to the ground a few times I learned to put the leash around my waist and that gave me better leverage...no more being tossed to the ground. He did give me a bloody nose once when we hit his head and my nose together. LOL! He was a good dog and we miss him very much.

Helsie said...

You certainly have had your share of bad luck. Hope you are feeling better and the shoulder is healing well. I imagine you are very disappointed though.
Thank goodness for Skype
Cheers
Helen

Kimbles said...

Sherry you poor thing! I hope that you heal quickly and that the rest of the year brings much good luck! x

Mom2fur said...

Just blog-hopping around. I'm sorry you were hurt and hope you heal quickly! Gracie is a beautiful dog! What dog could resist ducks, LOL? My own little chihuahua, Shadow, goes ballistic when he sees squirrels. I think he wants to play with them.
Sounds like Gracie has found her happy home, and I hope you have many years together--uneventful ones, LOL!

Aussie Maria said...

So glad surgery was not needed. Take care

Yolanda said...

I hope you get better quickly.

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

Glad you didn't need surgery and I pray that it all heals fast and well! That Gracie is a spitfire!! She wanted those ducks! I am sure she gave you some kisses, too!

Leslie said...

oh man... I am sorry about your fall. Dog walking can be a dangerous sport.
I used to walk my German sheppard while wearing roller skates ~ was I crazy!!!! lol.
Feel better soon.

retrorevival.biz said...

Hi Sherry. So glad I found you (after you finding MY blog!). Looking forward to reading your posts! Have a great day:)