background

Monday, January 26, 2009

MY MOTHER




I love my mother and everything about her, she is the one that has made me a strong person. My mother is a breast cancer survivor and the strongest woman i know, she has endoured many many troubles through her life but never complains about it, just figures out what to do to make it better. True she doesn't get out in the world much and travels very little, but that's ok, she makes up for that in many other ways. She can do just about anything, she is a great cook, she can knit, crochet, sew, quilt, and if you need anything fixed or painted she is the one to do it.

This is the quilt she made me, i decided to get it down and display it, she worked in factory all her life and wore cotton tops to work, this quilt is made from all of her tops after she retired. I will cherish this forever.




3 comments:

Barbara Bradford said...

OMG, it's beautiful, even more so that it's made from her tops. I love heirlooms, I love family history, I love the pineapple tablecloth that my mom crocheted for her mom, that stayed on the living room table covered in plastic all her life. Just thought I would drop by and see how you are feeling??

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely beautiful!

Lacy Rose said...

Granny is awesome!!